Easily build a Polkadot parachain with Substrate
Build your application-specific blockchain with the Substrate framework now and easily connect it to Polkadot after launch.
Native Polkadot compatibility
Blockchains built with Substrate are natively compatible with Polkadot, so they can be easily connected to Polkadot as a parachain or parathread.
Upgrade your blockchain without a hard fork. Your runtime is a Wasm binary stored on-chain and can be updated using your chain’s governance mechanism.
Plug-and-play modular framework
Substrate allows you to simply plug in the functionalities you need, while also giving you the freedom to customize as needed.
By connecting your blockchain to Polkadot, your blockchain will be able to pass arbitrary messages to other chains in the Polkadot network.
Simply by connecting your blockchain to Polkadot, your blockchain will be secured by Polkadot’s pooled security.
With Substrate, you can write your blockchain logic in any language that can compile to WebAssembly (Rust, C/C++, C#, Go, etc).
Polkadot is a brand new network with a burgeoning ecosystem. The Web3 Foundation is sponsoring community development of software services, including:See Grants and Bounties
- Development and deployment tooling (e.g. IDEs, parachain development kits)
- Polkadot Runtime Modules (e.g. interoperability, governance)
- Second layer protocols (e.g. dedicated parachains, state channels)
- Monitoring (e.g. explorers)
- Protocol integrations (e.g. bridges to other blockchains, distributed file storage)