This Website contains links to other third party websites. If you follow a link to any of those third party websites (including our blog on https://medium.com), please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal information.
- What personal information about you we may collect
- How we may use your personal information
- Who we may disclose your personal information to
- How we protect your personal information
- How we may export your personal information outside of Switzerland and the EEA
- How long we may store your personal information
- Contacting us & your rights to access and update your personal information
- Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Our correspondence If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Survey information We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purpose. In such circumstances we shall collect the information provided in the completed survey;
- Site and communication usage Details of your visits to the Website and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies including, but not limited to, your IP address and domain name, your browser version and operating system, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access
- Uses made of your personal information and justification of uses
Use of personal information must be justified under one of a number of legal “grounds”. In the following, we note the grounds we use to justify each use of your personal information:
- To answer to your inquiries and correspondence you sent to us.
Use justification: legitimate interests (to allow us to provide services to you);
- To ensure our Website functions correctly: to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Use justification: contract performance, legitimate interests (to allow us to provide you with the content and services on the Website);
- Disclosures to third parties and justification of uses
- To allow us to effectively provide our services to you, we may disclose your information to selected third parties:
We may permit selected third parties such as business partners, suppliers, service providers, agents and contractors to use your personal information, for the purposes set out in paragraph 2 above, who will be subject to obligations to process such information in compliance with the same safeguards that we deploy.
Use justification: legitimate interests (to enable us to effectively provide our services to you);
- To carry out legal disputes: we may transfer your personal information to the competent courts and appointed lawyers.
Use justification: legitimate interests (to represent, enforce and / or defend our legal interests);
- To comply with our legal obligations: We may disclose your personal information to third parties insofar legal obligations exist on our part to pass it on, e.g. to the police authorities in the context of criminal investigations or to the data protection supervisory authorities.
Use justification: legal obligation, legitimate interests (to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities);
- Security over the internet
No data transmission over the Internet or website can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. However, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information in accordance with data protection legislative requirements.
- Export outside Switzerland and the EEA
- Your personal information may be accessed by staff or suppliers in, transferred to, and/or stored at, a destination outside Switzerland and/or the European Economic Area (EEA) in which data protection laws may not grant an adequate protection of your personal data. If we transfer your personal data to other jurisdictions, we will make sure to protect your personal data by applying an adequate level of protection of your personal data as required under applicable data privacy laws.
- Certain countries outside the EEA have been approved by the European Commission as providing essentially equivalent protections to EEA data protection laws and therefore no additional safeguards are required to export personal information to these jurisdictions . In countries which have not had these approvals, (see the full list here http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/adequacy/index_en.htm) we will transfer your personal information subject to European Commission approved contractual terms that impose equivalent data protection obligations directly on the recipient.
- Storage limits
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which it was collected. We restrict access to your personal information to those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose(s). Our retention periods are based on business needs and your information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymised (and the anonymised information may be retained) or securely destroyed.
- Your rights & contacting us
- Applicable data protection laws give you the right to access, and to update, amend, delete and let transfer to third parties, the personal information held about you. Any request will be free of charge, provided we do not incur in major costs for providing you with details of your personal information.
- If you have any questions in relation to our use of your personal information, you should first contact us as per paragraph 7.7 below.
- Under certain conditions, you may have the right to require us to:
- provide you with further details on the use we make of your information;
- be provided with access to any data held about you by us, generally within 1 month of your request;
- update or amend any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold;
- You can ask us to erase Personal Data in certain circumstances and we will take reasonable steps to inform other controllers that are processing the data that you have requested the erasure of any links to, copies or replication of it.
- object to any processing based on the legitimate interests ground unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights; and
- restrict how we use your information whilst complaints are resolved and also restrict processing in certain other circumstances.
- Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime) and our interests (e.g. the maintenance of legal privilege). If you exercise any of these rights we will check your entitlement and respond in most cases within a month.
- If you are not satisfied with our use of your personal information or our response to any exercise of these rights you have the right to complain to your data protection authority.
By email: [email protected]
By mail: Web 3.0 Technologies Stiftung, Reiffergässli 4, 6300 Zug, Switzerland
Web 3.0 Foundation, April 2019