Easily build a Polkadot parachain with Substrate
Build your application-specific blockchain with the Substrate framework now and easily connect it to Polkadot after launch.
Native Polkadot compatibility
Blockchains built with Substrate are natively compatible with Polkadot, so they can be easily connected to Polkadot as a parachain or parathread.
Upgrade your blockchain without a hard fork. Your runtime is a Wasm binary stored on-chain and can be updated using your chain’s governance mechanism.
Plug-and-play modular framework
Substrate allows you to simply plug in the functionalities you need, while also giving you the freedom to customize as needed.
By connecting your blockchain to Polkadot, your blockchain will be able to pass arbitrary messages to other chains in the Polkadot network.
With Substrate, you can write your blockchain logic in any language that can compile to WebAssembly (Rust, C/C++, C#, Go, etc).
Get a grant to build the Polkadot ecosystem
Web3 Foundation provides grants to steward research and development of Polkadot and the Web3 tech stack. The program funds work on runtime modules and parachains, development tools, UI, protocol integrations, maintenance, and more.Learn more
- Development and deployment tooling (e.g. IDEs, parachain development kits)
- Polkadot Runtime Modules (e.g. interoperability, governance)
- Second layer protocols (e.g. dedicated parachains, state channels)
- Monitoring (e.g. explorers)
- Protocol integrations (e.g. bridges to other blockchains, distributed file storage)