Welcome to the first edition of the Parachain Dispatch, a regular recap of the latest news and developments from Polkadot parachains. Read below for an inside look at some of the exciting things that happened in the Polkadot ecosystem recently. All updates are sourced directly from and written by the Polkadot parachain teams themselves.*
Acala is an appchain powering crypto-native and institutional decentralized finance.
- Acala developers release open-source 'Chopsticks' testing client to improve testing for Polkadot parachains. Read more
- Notifi launches support for Acala, bringing event-based push notification to Acala developers and users. Read more
- Acala and Karura are now supported on Ledger Read more
- Dexscreener support for Acala is now live for DEX trends, analytics, and charts. Read more
Astar Network is the future of smart contracts for multichain. Astar Network supports the building of dapps with EVM and WASM smart contracts and offers developers true interoperability.
- Astar release v4.32.0 introduces XVM prototype v2 into Shibuya runtime. Read more
- Astar officially releases Swanky v1: a tool for WASM smart contract developers, with support for integration tests. Read more
- Hoonsubin (Astar CTO) submits a repository with the sub0-XVM-workshop, to demo controlling EVM ERC20 tokens from a Substrate native account. Repo contains the full project to create a development environment where projects can reside either in EVM with Ethereum signers or WASM contract with Substrate native signers. Read more
- Astar is the first Polkadot parachain to add light client support. Shiden will also support light clients. Read more
- Astar submits farming contracts to wasm-showcase-dapps for ink! Uniswap version. Read more
Aventus provides enterprise-grade, flexible and tailored Web3 solutions for businesses looking to leverage the benefits of blockchain in order to future-proof their operations, generate new revenue streams and improve operational efficiencies.
- Aventus is now carbon neutral! Read more
- Walkter Kok, former CEO of Energy Web and Director at ING Bank, BT and Vodafone joins Aventus as Strategic Advisor & Board Member. Read more
- Aventus CEO Alan Vey speaks at CityAM's CryptoAM Summit on enterprise growth in blockchain. Read more
- Aventus CEO Alan Vey wins Hurun UK Top 30 Under 30 Entrepreneurs to Watch Award. Read more
Bitgreen is a parachain for sustainability transforming impact investing.
- Bitgreen with GEAPP to raise $10M for Betmai Hydroelectric. Project backed by Rockefeller Foundation, Bezos Earth Fund, IKEA. Read more
- Bitgreen live on Rococo, launching full Polkadot parachain soon. Read more
- CEO Adam Carver presented Bitgreen at Berkeley Blockchain Xcelerator. Read more
- Bitgreen Discord is live. Read more
- Bitgreen CEO Adam Carver featured in Nasdaq. Read more
Darwinia is a programmable trust-minimized cross-chain messaging infrastructure for decentralized applications, based on a system of on-chain light clients.
- Crab Network has won the 59th Kusama parachain slot! Read more
- Darwinia and Snowswap partner to launch DEX for Darwinia Smart Chain. Read more
- Darwinia Network will merge their solo-chains and parachains, simplifying maintenance, DAO management, and integration complexity. Read more
- Ledger support for Darwinia Parachain has been developed by Zondax Team, and is currently under final review.
- October and November's Crab and Darwinia PLO NFT rewards have been distributed!
DeFi 2.0 with high leverage. One-stop platform to earn, borrow, trade at max efficiency.
- We’ve implemented a smart-contract for the Multichain bridge to wrap assets bridgeable to Moonbeam EVM into XCM-compatible tokens so they can be later transferred to any parachain. Read more
- We’ve prepared a detailed roadmap to share some of our biggest upcoming milestones. Read more
Interlay is building the safest and easiest way to use Bitcoin in DeFi.
- Interlay is transforming into a one-stop-shop for Bitcoin finance. Users will be able to lend, borrow and trade their BTC. Read more
- The Kintsugi parachain is up and running after being recovered by Kusama governance v2. Read more
KILT is a blockchain identity protocol for issuing self-sovereign, verifiable credentials and decentralized identifiers.
- KILT is excited to support the launch of the Polkadot Alliance as a Founding Fellow! This is an on-chain collective of teams seeking to protect the Polkadot brand, recognize ecosystem contributors, and uphold a community code of ethics. Read more
- The proposal to change staking rewards from automatic to self-selected distribution is enacted. This simplifies tax reporting for collators and delegators and reduces the computation time needed for each block. Read more
- Polimec spins off as a standalone project; will use KILT credentials for KYC/AML. Read more
Moonbeam is a platform for cross-chain connected applications that unites assets and functionality from many blockchains.
- Moonbeam hit a new milestone with over 1.3M unique wallet addresses in the network! Moonbeam continues to bring thousands of new users and activity to Polkadot. Read more
- Applications to the Moonbeam Accelerator Program are Open! Brought to you by the Moonbeam Foundation & Rokk3r, the launch of this program helps growth-stage projects on Moonbeam refine their ideas & reinforce skills for running successful Web3 startups. Read more
OAK Network is Web3’s hub for cross-chain automation, enabling multichain apps to schedule and automate any Substrate extrinsic or smart contract function.
- OAK publishes Decentralization & Automation: Imperative Tools For the New Financial System. Read more
- OAK Network published updates on governance 2.0, Turing Network Treasury and Turing Network Staging. Read more
- OAK Ecosystem update with October Development Submissions. Read more
- Turing auto-compound XCM integration with MangataX DEX entered the testing stage! This will be the first XCM functional call use case in the Kusama ecosystem. Read more
- The two-way HRMP channels between OAK's Turing Staging and Astar Network's Rocstar have been successfully opened via governance!". Read more
An interoperable, non-custodial, orderbook-based DEX built on Substrate
- "Polkadex Orderbook, "which looks, acts and feels like a CEX, coded on Substrate," caught the eye of Polkadot founder Gavin Wood". Read more
- The Polkadex mobile app is now available for Open Beta testing on Android and iOS. Read more
- Decrypt interviewed Polkadex CEO & co-founder Gautham J about how Polkadex is addressing the "bottlenecks" of current DEX's. Read more
- CoinTelegraph interviewed Gautham J about how Polkadex has “solved the problem of CEX operators needing to hold custody of funds" Read more
- The official step-by-step guide to trading on Polkadex Orderbook is here! Read more
Carbon-neutral, sustainable blockchain for NFTs ready for mass-adoption
- We’ve launched Nested NFTs, which combine two or more NFTs to create new functionalities for users & creators, in contrast to traditional NFTs. Read more
- ‘Powering Action via Climate Change.’ Our first thought leadership paper provides crucial insights for a sustainable future, & the role of advanced NFTs. Read more
* Criteria for inclusion in the Polkadot Parachain Dispatch is that teams must have won a Polkadot parachain slot auction. All Polkadot parachain teams are invited to submit up to 5 news items, though not all teams submit an update for every edition, so the updates may not represent the full spectrum of activity in the network. Updates are published in the teams’ own words, but may be edited for clarity, correctness, or compliance with Web3 Foundation’s editorial guidelines.
Interested in developing for or building on Polkadot? Get in touch for hands-on support.
From the blog
Five New Parachains, Staking Growth & Technical Upgrades as Expansion Continues
Polkadot enjoyed further ecosystem growth in the third quarter of 2023, with impressive metrics around staking, on-chain events and unique accounts.